Would vacuum sweeper filter/bag work?

My wife uses a CPAC. This is a night time breathing aid for people with apnea. It uses two filters, one is a washable foam rubber, the other is replacable "paper" filter. This replacable filter is about as big as a compact disk and costs close to $7 for ONE filter. My question is...........Could I buy a package of HEPA filtration vacuum sweeper bags and cut filters from them to fit the CPAC. From what I've heard, these HEPA filters allow nothing buy filtered air to come out of the sweeper. Seems to me my idea would work. Any opinions?

Reply to
TOM KAN PA

Possibly, as long is it is not any more restrictive of air flow than the current filter. If you can find some way of checking the air flow, that would answer the question. You may also want to check out other sources for the filter. Perhaps the manufacturer of the CPAP machine will sell to you rather than going through the medical providor. Or vice versa. The manufacturer may be selling the filters cheap to the equipment guy but charging high prices for retail so you don't bother them iwth small orders they are not equiped to handle.

You can also extend the life of the filters by running a room air purifier too. Thee is cost for that but may still be cheaper in the long run.

Do you own the machine or is it provided through a health insurance providor? That could help determine the best source for replacements if you must buy them.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Some vacuum bags and filters have an anti bacterial coating on them. Even if a certain brand does not advertise it I still wouldn't want to take that chance.

Those bags may also end up costing more than the $7.00 unless you can cut a bunch of filters out of one. Do they even make a HEPA bag? I have a bagless vac with 3 filters. Two are washable and the last in line is a HEPA...they can get a little pricey and it's not very big.

Reply to
vairxpert