WORX Brand ?

I don't have time to waste sittin' in front of the TV , much better things are going on here to occupy my time . Like ridin' the Harley (the wife has one too , but hers is a trike) , tending my bees and chickens , working in the garden and orchard , and building a house . Today I built and installed a countertop (temporay , but it will be the permanent top later when I have time to build cabinets) , built a support platform and installed a 12,000 BTU window AC unit , set the new sink , and ran a dedicated circuit for the new AC unit . Tomorrow I'll finish the sink install and plumb/install the new dishwasher , and if I have time I'll extract a few frames of honey for the consignment store that's vending it for me . I also do most of the cooking , since my wife works , including baking all of our bread - loaves , hot dog and 'burger buns , and some truly awesome cinnamon rolls . As soon as I have a functional kitchen , construction will begin on the bedroom ... bummer , the first gas range we bought was damaged in the box , so it'll be Saturday before I can get the replacement unit installed . We'll be headed to Memphis Wednesday to pick up our kitchen stuff and visit the kids as soon as I'm done at the VA medical clinic (50 miles away and a nice motorcycle ride on twisty roads) for my annual physical and won't get back until late Friday . Oh , and I run a small machine/welding shop as a part-time business/hobby ... need some aluminum welded or a new spur gear fabricated ?

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Nobody said anything about sitting in front of your TV. If you have something other than just broadcast TV you'll see these infomercials just running through the channels. With all you say you do I wonder how you have the time or energy to even use a computer and visit this group.

Reply to
ItsJoanNotJoann

I take a few breaks during the day ... and usually if the TV is on it's my wife scanning thru the channels . Out here in The Holler we don't get OTA reception , the choices are one of two sat providers and usually the blurb just says "paid programming" .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

I gotta get some of that motivation under my wife ... I just rode her "new" '09 Sporty trike to town for a couple of small parts for the dishwasher install , and it is sweet . TOTALLY different from a 2 wheeler , but still fun . First time I ever rode a 3 wheeler , sure is different !

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Just because you're a homeowner doesn't mean you're not entitled to decent tools. I have no experience with Worx, but Ryobi is about in that price ran ge and they've been relatively solid for me. But I only use their stuff for light usage.

My brands are...

Heavy usage - Makita Medium usage - Dewalt Light usage - Ryobi

If you only need it one or two times, you might be able to save even more m oney by buying from this place. Again, don't expect it to last, but for one job they're pretty solid. For example, I have a demo hammer from them and it has already paid for itself at $60 with coupon. Makita and Dewalt are $3

00 and $400.

John D

Sidecars are the same deal. There was a scooter shop in town that had a couple of those Piaggio MP3's. The salesman tried to talk me into a test ride but I turned him down. I figured if a squirrel ran out in front of me as I rode around the block I'd do absolutely the wrong thing. There was even a sticker on the dash panel to remind you it wasn't a motorcycle.

If I went for three wheels I'd want a Slingshot. Even the Spyders are a little too much like a motorcycle if I had a senior moment.

I might make an exception for a Ural with a gun mount on the sidehack :)

Reply to
rbowman

For me it's either two wheels or four. The flixy sidecar, if available, might temp me. It has a flexable mount so you can lean the bike.

Reply to
Phil Kangas