WORX Brand ?

Page 2 of 2
On 06/19/2016 10:54 PM, ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

I've solved that problem. My television is actually the output of the DVD player although I sometimes watch Austin City Limits on PBS.
ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

Funny how I've never seen one or even heard of Worx brand tools ...
--
Snag

On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 3:09:46 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

Turn on your TV at least once a week and you'll see the infomercial at any time of the day. This is assuming your programming contains more than ABC, CBS, or NBC.
The Worx brand has been around, that I know of, for at least 10 years or thereabouts. The first thing I remember them advertising was there cordless trimmer.
ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

I don't have time to waste sittin' in front of the TV , much better things are going on here to occupy my time . Like ridin' the Harley (the wife has one too , but hers is a trike) , tending my bees and chickens , working in the garden and orchard , and building a house . Today I built and installed a countertop (temporay , but it will be the permanent top later when I have time to build cabinets) , built a support platform and installed a 12,000 BTU window AC unit , set the new sink , and ran a dedicated circuit for the new AC unit . Tomorrow I'll finish the sink install and plumb/install the new dishwasher , and if I have time I'll extract a few frames of honey for the consignment store that's vending it for me . I also do most of the cooking , since my wife works , including baking all of our bread - loaves , hot dog and 'burger buns , and some truly awesome cinnamon rolls . As soon as I have a functional kitchen , construction will begin on the bedroom ... bummer , the first gas range we bought was damaged in the box , so it'll be Saturday before I can get the replacement unit installed . We'll be headed to Memphis Wednesday to pick up our kitchen stuff and visit the kids as soon as I'm done at the VA medical clinic (50 miles away and a nice motorcycle ride on twisty roads) for my annual physical and won't get back until late Friday . Oh , and I run a small machine/welding shop as a part-time business/hobby ... need some aluminum welded or a new spur gear fabricated ?
--
Snag
I also cut and split all the wood to heat our house in winter ... gotta
On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 11:41:06 PM UTC-5, Terry Coombs wrote:

Nobody said anything about sitting in front of your TV. If you have something other than just broadcast TV you'll see these infomercials just running through the channels. With all you say you do I wonder how you have the time or energy to even use a computer and visit this group.
ItsJoanNotJoann wrote:

I take a few breaks during the day ... and usually if the TV is on it's my wife scanning thru the channels . Out here in The Holler we don't get OTA reception , the choices are one of two sat providers and usually the blurb just says "paid programming" .
--
Snag

On Sunday, June 19, 2016 at 7:18:33 AM UTC-4, Bob wrote:

Just because you're a homeowner doesn't mean you're not entitled to decent tools. I have no experience with Worx, but Ryobi is about in that price ran ge and they've been relatively solid for me. But I only use their stuff for light usage.
My brands are...
Heavy usage - Makita Medium usage - Dewalt Light usage - Ryobi
If you only need it one or two times, you might be able to save even more m oney by buying from this place. Again, don't expect it to last, but for one job they're pretty solid. For example, I have a demo hammer from them and it has already paid for itself at $60 with coupon. Makita and Dewalt are $3 00 and $400.
http://www.harborfreight.com/