worthwhile to put up a new wall in 500sq ft apt to make it a 1 bdrm?

I own a 500 sq ft apartment in downtown DC. Im trying to decide if it would be worthwhile to put up a wall that splits the kitchen and living room from the bedroom. Would the apartment be more valuable if its sold as a one bedroom instead of a junior one bedroom? The cost of the wall should be about $1500. Last year I renovated the apartment and put the kitchen in a different spot, so the apartment now has a new layout that lends itself nicely to a division of the apartment's bedroom and main living area.
Also, how much should the 14ft wall cost me? I want to do a pocket door to save space.

Ask the realtor who sold you the place? What do similar places sell for?
I would personally prefer a real bedroom over a "studio" / loft arrange. (But 500 sq ft is way too small to qualify for a real loft, maybe a "new millennium" loft.)
Always better to have a place to change / finish dressing while guest(s) sit in the living room.
How big (& what shape) would the resulting bedroom be? Properly done you should be able to squeeze out a nice seperate bedroom.
cheers Bob
14x8 wall should only take 7 sheets of sheetrock. so figure 8
sheetrock = $64 (12) 2x4 studs = $36 (2) 2x4x14 for header and footer = $12 misc mud tape nails = $20 (this is being very generous) (1) prehung door 32" = $80
total i come up with in midwestern prices is $212. So if you're paying a thousand dollars for this 6 hour project, let me know and I'll come do it myself.
steve
I own a 500 sq ft apartment in downtown DC. Im trying to decide if it would be worthwhile to put up a wall that splits the kitchen and living room from the bedroom. Would the apartment be more valuable if its sold as a one bedroom instead of a junior one bedroom? The cost of the wall should be about $1500. Last year I renovated the apartment and put the kitchen in a different spot, so the apartment now has a new layout that lends itself nicely to a division of the apartment's bedroom and main living area.
Also, how much should the 14ft wall cost me? I want to do a pocket door to save space.
Michael wrote:

Why reduce your prospective buyers by 50%?
Think removable/adjustable panels.