Worth leaving shower/bath water to cool down?

Page 2 of 2
On Feb 16, 9:49am, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Think you guys need to get a life if this is what you do for excitment . lighten up pay your heating and stop being so cheap.
On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 10:01:06 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Frugal, not cheap, there's a difference. A good engineer keeps material, energy, labor costs low, either for himself or the company where he works. A fool and his money soon part.
Remember when touch-tone telephone was $1.50 extra per month? Well, I make few calls per month and used rotary dial for 40 years...
$1.50 x 12 x 40 = $720
Approximating interest on 720 gives
$1360 saved for using rotary dial telephone. Not exactly a large amount, but not musch missed with rotary dial. Today, I still have a rotary dial phone, but touch tone is now "included free."

The drain line heat recovery device is what you need, like what's described here:
http://www.toolbase.org/Technology-Inventory/Plumbing/drainwater-heat-recovery
Payback time in a retrofit situation is probably 100 years or something, but it probably make sense from an environmental sustainability point of view.
Ken

Allegedly, my father-in-law used to shut off the hot water if he thought one of his five sons was taking too long.
Cindy Hamilton
terry wrote:

Heck fire feller! Do wut we do down here in th South, take yall one bath a week. FLNF
TDD