Worst Household Chores ?

Page 2 of 2
On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:45:07 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

How about if I don't clean my oven at all, and I use the money to buy myself a treat. :) I was ok until I read your post, and now I want a treat.
snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com wrote:

I would say cleaning the OUTSIDE of the windows is worse, clambering around in bushes and leaning over strange angles on ladders... the insides of windows are a piece of cake unless they're someplace unreachable by a 6-foot ladder. I might pay $75 a year to have someone do outside windows on a two-story house.
I used to pay $70 a month in the Washington DC metro area (a high cost-of-living area) to have two bathrooms and a kitchen scrubbed top-to-bottom and a two bedroom apartment dusted and vacuumed (did the cleaning myself other weeks). 40GBP/$70USD for an oven cleaning on even a non-self-cleaning oven sounds ridiculously high.
Sorry...
-- Jennifer
On 15 Mar 2006 03:23:13 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com wrote:

Gotta be cleaning up in the yard after the dog...
There are places that offer this service, and there have been times I've been tempted....it just seems like it would be the epitome of laziness, though. Not that that's too far from the mark :-)
In article <1142421793.153271.238460

Weeding through junk mail ... similar to weeding through spam, mlm, and scam usenet articles.
worst housecleaning job for me would have to be anything that involves the bathroom - cleaning the tub, moping the floor, absolutely the worst for me.
- snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com wrote:

It sounds like you're trying to reinvent the wheel. While interior window washing and oven cleaning may not come standard, finding a cleaning service to tackle those jobs shouldn't be a Herculean task. If I'm going to pay someone to come and do those jobs, they might as well clean the rest of the house.
Some jobs such as exterior window washing can require a good deal of coordination and effort for homeowners. Realistically, you're likely to get clients for any service dealing with heights (window washing, gutter cleaning, et cetera). As Paul said, dog clean-up is easy but pretty low on the list of things people care to do.