worried about a flood in building

Hope someone can set me straight on this one.
I've recently bought a condo apartment. The fixtures were crap so I replaced them all. Rather than try to screw around with fitting a pipe to the faucets I just picked up some of those flex connector hoses from a box store.
I talked to the guy there, who seemed knowledgeable about it, and he said that that was how everyone was making their connections these days. Meanwhile I've just spent a lot of money installing laminate flooring throughout the place as well. Water and laminate flooring do not mix.
Now I'm wondering just how secure these flexible connections are. They must be just some type of rubber inside and they have a silver coloured braided material on the outside. I have no idea on how they are rated etc. and the water pressure in the building is very high. I'm used to 65psi( I think ) and this is higher than that.
So... what do you think. Should I go back and take the time to do the hookups the right way. I'm not a plumber and it would be quite a bit of work for me, but if it means that I will sleep better at night then I'll do it.
tia
Peter H
Your flexible connectors are fine. Tom Work at your leisure!

<<<<<<<<<
I installed several in the 80's when I first learned about them. I just replaced them this year when I replaced the fixtures. They looked fine but for $4 each I didn't want to risk it.
My only concern these days is the cheap ones from China or Mexico; I think the ones I bought were US made, but who knows.

coloured braided material on the outside.<<<<<<
Stainless braid over rubber.

etc. and the water pressure in the building is very high. I'm used to 65psi( I think ) and this is higher than that.<<<<<<<<<<
relax about the connectors, they're better than the old style with rubber compression cone washers..........they blow out on occasion (usually bad install)
when I'm feeling ambitious I do the "copper tube, lever tube bender & Swagelock fittings" thing but no one appreciates it except for me. :)
cheers Bob
On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 18:42:22 -0400, Peter H

I wouldn't worry about it. We had high pressure and ours held. If your pressure is really too high (you can buy a gauge to fit into a hose spiggot that'll test over time) I'd get a pressure reducer on there before something unexpected happens. It could fail with the flex lines, but I suspect you'll have a foscet start leaking first.
Those hoses are good. If you dont do plumbing for a living trying to learn to cut, solder and fit regular pipe will be a waste of time. You can adjust the pressure regulator down also.