worm drive saws

I just noticed something new to me, while looking at circular saws on E-Bay I noticed that all worm drive saws(71/4) the blade is on the left side while on regular circular saws it is on the right. So to use a saw blade on a left handed saw, you have to turn it around? Learn something new every day.

Reply to
Paul Santo

You can't be that dumb. It sepends on which way you are planning on moving the saw. IF you go forward, then the blade direction is the same.

Reply to
hrhofmann

Paul Santo wrote the following:

Yes, like if you change from a left hand drive car to a right hand drive car, you have to reverse the wheels. Does the above sound right? No, and neither is that true for a left handed or right handed saw.

Reply to
willshak

willshak formulated the question :

Well upstate Einstein, read this before you have your second sixpack

Never open your stupid mouth and use sarcasm, before you do your homework.BTW check makita hypoid saws with a regular saw, comprende?

Reply to
Paul Santo

Only for those who couldnt install a saw blade without the arrow showing which way it goes. What do you do when the arrow wears off.....toss the blade,

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

Only for those who couldnt install a saw blade without the arrow showing which way it goes. What do you do when the arrow wears off.....toss the blade,

Jimmie

Arrow? There's an arrow? I just always point the teeth up. Now I'm going to the shop and pull a couple of my saws and verify or debunk this "arrow" concept.

Steve ;-)

Reply to
Steve B

I always thought the arrow on a blade was supposed to be pointed up, like on shipping boxes, but some of them have the arrow going around in a circle, so then I thought that meant that the blade was supposed to be spinning when it was installed, so I turned on the saw and tried installing the blade. That didn't work out so well.

Lefty

Reply to
RicodJour

You have to put the wrench on the bolt *before* you turn it on.

Reply to
krw

i thought is was when the blade was worn down to the arrow it was replacement time.

Reply to
chaniarts