World Record Number of Plugs in One Outlet

Does anyone know what the world record is for the number of plugs in one outlet?

I just tried, so far I have 43. I started with one of those things that makes one duplex outlet into 6 outlets. Added 3 three ways and 3 power strips with six each. Each power strip has 3 three ways in it. Thats 43. I might start to stack power strips in the other 3 way but I just ran out of power strips and 3 ways. Back to Home Depot !!!!

Santa

Reply to
TheRealSantaClaus

Don't forget to

a) bypass the fuse

b) pick up some batteries for your video cam

c) post the .avi to alt.binaries.dickheads

Reply to
Avery

d) make sure your smoke detectors have fresh batteries e) update your homeowner's insurance policy

Reply to
Travis Jordan

f) make sure to have a fresh fire extinguisher handy for when you've found the upper limit

Reply to
sleepdog

Isn't it difficult to deal with all the plugs today? I also have a lot, maybe not 43, but still substantial number of low power "things" needing power. Cell phone Computer, printer, scanner, TV, PDA, digital camera, external hard drives (3), AM/FM radio, fax, phone answer machine... I hate wall warts.... I still barley draw 600 watts from the one office area.

I'd like my shortwave radio there too, I guess I have to make a trip to Home Depot as well...

Reply to
Al Schmidt

Only 14 items? Use this one:

Travis Jordan

He dude do me a great big favor tonight, plug a table saw into it!!

Reply to
evodawg

If it's a contest then I think outlet strips must be disqualified! Anyone can plug in unlimited outlet strips and have the number of end product usable outlets multiply exponentially. The rule must the contestant has to stick with 3-ways, 6-ways and related items.

Reply to
Steve Kraus

15 things

No record, but next to my bed, I have two VCRs, two clock-radios (one with a good radio and one with a good clock, one CD player, one receiver/amp, one boombox-tape copier, two lamps, one wireless speaker, one distribution amp for audio and video, one powered AM antenna behind the shelves, the power for my amplified TV antenna, the power for the tv, which used to be plugged into a vcr when all I had was a monitor, and the electric blanket.

At any one time, I don't use more than 250 watts, I think.

mm

I will as soon as I get more 3-ways. Right now I have 42 electric heaters plugged in, plus all of the 80,000 christmas lights on my lawn...... Of course I was sure to use a 20 amp circuit, none of those wimpy 15 amp ones.

Reply to
TheRealSantaClaus