World Oil Production to Peak in 2013

Page 2 of 2
They have said essentially the same thing every year for the last several decades. Remember the early seventies, when we got to see Jimmuh Cottuh wearing sweatter in the white house, and sitting next to a fireplace?
The USA has plenty of oil reserves in Alaska, and off the coasts. Problem is, we'll have to shoot the environmentalists to extinction before we can resume drilling.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

You can't double consumption every few years and expect to keep up, no matter how much there is. It's gonna be gone; the only issue is when, and whether we'll be ready when it happens.
I havn't researched the oil consumption rate. Perhaps it's doubling every few years, but I doubt it.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

That shouldn't be to hard since all the Conservatives and Republicans have the GUNS, hahaha.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can\'t make them THINK"
peakoil wrote:

I'm not going to worry about it, the world's coming to an end in 2012 you big silly.
TDD

Well, if it helps, I have a pickup that gets 400 miles to the gallon. That's right, 400/gal. . . . . . . . . of oil.