Workshop Lights

Page 2 of 2
Thanks to all for your replies. Ray

I recently obtained a shop light made by Regency Lighting Coproration.
It is a Model HSL600.
It is shaped similar to a dual flourescent fixture but it uses 2 300W halogen bulbs.
It is FANTASTIC!
John Keith snipped-for-privacy@juno.com

================I have a stand alone wood shop ... and have both Flourescent lights and Halogen units mounted next to each other in the ceiling...
6 units of each... 2 4 ft flourescent bulbs per unit OR 2 150 watt Halogens per unit.....
In the winter I use the Halogen units.. to suplement my furnace... those suckers throw off a hell of allot of heat....
In the summer I use the flourscent lights to cut down on my air conditioning bills... lol
Honest the flourscents were replaced with the halogen units because they were cheap lights and would not lite until I got the shop warm on cold winter mornings.... Picked the halogens up real cheap and they did solve the problem... BUT when summer came along I fould how just how hot those halogens were...so I put the flouescents back up right next to the halogens...
I may be the olny shop in the world with dual lighting fixtures but what the Hey.......
Bob Griffiths