Workshop in Fairfax, VA

Hi everyone living in Fairfax and Loudoun counties,

I was wondering if any woodworkers/craftspeople would be interested in starting a club in the Chantilly/Herndon area. I know Woodcraft in Springfield has a woodworking club, but there's nothing around for us in the western part of the county.

The thought is that we could get a small space with some decent (ie. Grizzly, General, etc.) equipment, power tools, air tools, and hand tools. An area for painting or spraying. It would be open for folks 9 to

9 everyday. Maybe a cigar lounge.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks, Mark

Reply to
Mark Witczak

Mark,

FYI, Woodcraft did have a store and club in Vienna a few years back, but they combined it with the store in Springfield. It was a very nice shop and very similar to what you were talking about. I will talk to the Springfield Woodcraft to see why they combined. It could have been high rent, but from my dealings with them, membership was low.

Personally, I prefer to work alone. It's nice to have some help now and then, but generally it is my time to get away from it all.

Good luck in your venture, its a good thought as there are plenty of people that want to be able to do woodworking, but dont have the space or budget to accomodate what they want to do.

David

Reply to
DL

Mark Witczak wrote: snip

I'll have to pass, thanks. I prefer to work alone and when I choose. That makes it infeasible to go cross country at certain hours. Others may not have the same views.

Dave in Fairfax

Reply to
Dave in Fairfax

That would be some good information to have. Also, I wonder how many members they have over in the Springfield shop.

Thanks, Mark

DL wrote:

Reply to
Mark Witczak

That would be some good information to have. Also, I wonder how many members they have over in the Springfield shop.

Thanks, Mark

DL wrote:

Reply to
Mark Witczak