Working with Plexiglass

I've never worked with Plexiglass before but need to put a beveled egdr on a piece of 1/4" thick material. What's the best way to do so: sand it on, shave it one with a plane, grind it with a Dremel, or ...?
Thanks! Steve Ignots
On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 10:11:39 -0800, SIgnots wrote:

A router is best, but the other ways may/will work. Try on a sample first.
Richard Kaiser
SIgnots wrote:

Depending on how much there is to do, I'd use a plane. If there is a bunch, a router. Planed edge will be smoother.
dadiOH's dandies v3.0... ...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that. Get it at http://www.gbronline.com/xico / _________________________________
SIgnots wrote:

youi can probably use all three, but watch out for heat from the friction of the dremel tool.. you gotta go with a slow speed or it might melt in the area of the friction and mess up the bevel????? hope this helps.
Thanks to all! I don't have a router and I have only to bevel about 2' so I will try the plane route. Steve Ignots

shave
cut it on the tablesaw that way initially.
Sanding is possible.