Working? Bring plenty of water.

The woman who made the study was an assistant science professor at a community college. Publishing helps academic careers, and sensational titles help get papers published.

Her paper says, "The Bacillus species are ubiquitous and could have had numerous sources, including airborne spores..." ..."the likelihood [of the microbes' causing infectious diseases] was not determined in this study. An extensive search of the literature yielded no reported outbreaks or illnesses attributed to lemon slices in beverages."

She concluded by saying her study used water and soda, and she would really like to investigate possible contamination of olives, limes, celery, and cherries in alcoholic beverages. I hope she doesn't get a DUI while advancing scientific knowledge.

Reply to
E Z Peaces

E Z Peaces

He should also watch out for hyponatremia. You don't want to be over-hydrating without consuming enough sodium. This has become a problem with the advent of products like the Camelbak, and the "hydrate or die" mantra. I took wilderness first aid this past weekend, and one of the scenarios we had to diagnose looked like heat exhaustion, but was actually hyponatremia because it's becoming more common among backpackers, skiers, and other athletes.

Reply to
SMS