Work Bench

Hi folks,

I need a new work bench. I had built one many years ago, but due to redoing the basment, it had to go, so I need a smaller one. At this point, I would just as soon buy one.

I bought one from sears, but after two attempts to deliver one without damage, I gave up. What happened to quality and customer service?

Any one have suggestions as to who may sell benches. I am looking for a bench 5 or 6 ft wide, with drawers.

Thanks,

Reply to
bejay

design & build one yourself or look for one on craigslist

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

Can't be difficult to build, really--I've built three. If you can find some old cabinet drawers from a remodel kitchen project, all the better. A good workbench is solid and heavy. Expect to pay $50-$150 for a good vice. The pre-made benches are either flimsy or very expensive. TimeLife books has some good plans, see your library.

Reply to
Phisherman

Have a look at #10130 plus # 23254, on the rockler.com website for heirloom quality with a high but fair price tag. Do a Google search, of course, then check out the industrial style offerings at Grainger or McMaster-Carr. They list quit a few with wood tops, drawers, etc. Don't overlook the box stores, but IIRC they don't seem to have many choices. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe