Work Bench

Hi folks,
I need a new work bench. I had built one many years ago, but due to redoing the basment, it had to go, so I need a smaller one. At this point, I would just as soon buy one.
I bought one from sears, but after two attempts to deliver one without damage, I gave up. What happened to quality and customer service?
Any one have suggestions as to who may sell benches. I am looking for a bench 5 or 6 ft wide, with drawers.
Thanks,
bejay wrote:

design & build one yourself or look for one on craigslist
cheers Bob

Can't be difficult to build, really--I've built three. If you can find some old cabinet drawers from a remodel kitchen project, all the better. A good workbench is solid and heavy. Expect to pay $50-$150 for a good vice. The pre-made benches are either flimsy or very expensive. TimeLife books has some good plans, see your library.
bejay wrote:

Have a look at #10130 plus # 23254, on the rockler.com website for heirloom quality with a high but fair price tag. Do a Google search, of course, then check out the industrial style offerings at Grainger or McMaster-Carr. They list quit a few with wood tops, drawers, etc. Don't overlook the box stores, but IIRC they don't seem to have many choices. Good luck.
Joe