Worcester 24CDI boiler problems (2023 Update)

Hi

Ive searched the net for an answer to a problem i have with my worcester bosch 24cdi boiler but to no avail ! Rather then sign up to some random diy forum i thought i might as well try here, and while im at it i can see check out some savings accounts !!

Anyya, although the boiler works (or seems to) there are a few things that dont seem right...firstly, sometimes when running the hot water the water pressure will drop slightly and i think that if it drops out on the boiler too much the boiler stops firing (?). We live in a

1880 terrace house and think that there maybe a poor water pressure supply to the house anyway. After a short time the hw kicks in again and 'pumps' it out at full force. Am i right in assuming the drop in water pressure and subsequent re-firing could be due to the water pressure coming into the house fluctuating due to neighbours using the water? Or is there something else ? Secondly and more of a problem is that if we turn the CH temperature dial to below half and try to run the boiler, the boiler seems to lockout and the CH light flashes and the boiler fires, locksout, fires etc etc....Only when we turn the temperature dial to above half will the boiler fire and maintain heating the water. What could be causing this ? It is a bit frustrating (and potentially expensive) that we cannot turn the heating down to a low level as the boiler locks out. Any ideas ? From reading various other posts the PCB is mentioned quite a bit but im unsure.....

Apart from that the boiler seems fine-ish.

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Reply to
JONES-SMITH

It is perfectly normal for water pressure to rise and fall during times of heavy use. This is particularly noticeable in the morning when people are getting ready to go out. As to part two. The temperature of your home is best controlled by your wall thermostat. Set the boiler to whatever temperature it is happy with and let the thermostat do its job. You need to look at this from two points of view. One you feel most comfortable when the heating is on and you can feel the infrared radiation from the radiators. But, this is balanced by the need to run the pump/circulator more, that uses more electricity. Two run the boiler hotter, this means the pump runs less and you get a noticeable swing in temperature up and down, and the down feels colder. You save on electricity and loose on comfort. You also loose on gas as the hotter the system the higher the heat loss along the way.

Reply to
PerryOne

For the issue with the water pressure drop when running hot water, a DIYer can check the incoming water supply pressure to the house, check the pressure gauge on the boiler, and make sure there are no leaks or blockages in the water pipes. It may also be helpful to speak to the neighbors to see if they have noticed any fluctuations in their own water pressure.

For the issue with the CH temperature dial not functioning correctly, a DIYer can try resetting the boiler and checking for any loose or damaged wiring. If the problem persists, it may be advisable to consult a professional heating engineer as it could be a sign of a more serious issue, such as a faulty PCB.

Reply to
HomeOwnersHub Advisor