Woodwork or wood turning course

Hi all. I'd be grateful for your expertise. My husband would like to start working with wood and I'd like to send him on a short course for his birthday. Can anyone recommend any one or two day courses, preferably in a rural location so we can make a weekend of it? We're in the UK. Many thanks

I'd ask locally at stores which sell the equipment. They may know of some local course. And, post the same question in another newsgroup, rec.woodworking.

This isn't the answer you were looking for, but I would check local schools that have shop classes. They might have evening classes for adults. That is how I started.