Wooden patio

Page 2 of 2

You sound surprised.
I have a deck that is over 20 years old that is in fine shape. Gray, yes, rotting no. PT wood, eastern Great Lakes climate, standard installation, no maintenance other than the replacement of 2 boards. One split lengthwise (strange), another had a knot that fell out, exposing the interior. I think the knot prevented good absorption of the PT chemicals, so the board got soft around the knot hole.
I also have a set of three 3' x 3' PT "steps" along the side of the house to make it easier to get from the driveway to the back yard (sloped lot). There isn't any rot in that area either.
Maybe they made better PT wood back then.
On 9/24/2013 5:58 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

This dude described a patio of wood "pavers" laid on ground in just sand base. I'm not only surprised, I'm amazed unless it's pretty doggone dry.
A conventional deck, sure, but on grade even out here wouldn't last that long.
And, yes, previous presently banned PT was _far_ superior to anything one can get currently, just as were creosote fence posts. I've got pasture posts that are 50+ still serviceable; the crap one can get now is gone to nothing in <10, won't hold a cow past about 4-5.

They have some really nice patio designs on their sight. I like to get something to replace my present patio shown at right of my current home in this photo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ljguitar/1250472184/in/photostream/
I wonder which I should get?

You company a rip off. You want 592499 yen to move dirt pile, that $6000 dollar.
On Monday, September 23, 2013 6:19:11 AM UTC-7, Qqueen wrote:

Not if it's redwood.