Wooden doors in a painted door frame

Hi,
Can, conventionally speaking, wooden polyurethaned doors look good in a painted door frame? What if the frame were not painted white, but some other color, e.g. a shade of brown?
(Is there an active home decorating newsgroup?)
Many thanks in advance!
Aaron Fude
We're doing exactly that. I tore out old moldings and installed/painter new white ones along with painting the stained wood frames white. This fall I'm going to finish the job by tearing out the older hollow core doors and installing new pine 6 panel doors with just a clear coat (ie white frames/moldings with clear coated pine doors). While it's not all that common I have certainly seen it at others' houses and even on some TV shows (Medium) and looks decent. While I know NOTHING about interior design, I'm going with it because I like the look.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

20 years ago I would have said no, it should match. Today, all sorts of combinations are used in the same room. Even ceilings are not just white any more. Go for it. Watch a couple of the fu fu TV shows where they decorate.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You're talking about your taste and your home and you wouldn't be making an outrageous choice in any event. Painted frames with stained doors is more common on an entry door, but if the paint and stain is carefully chosen, it will look fine. If the paint is brown and too close to the stained door, it might look odder than a white frame. Almost matching is frequently worse than contrasting.