Wood veneer - how to flatten ripples?

I recently glued unfinished wood veneer with contact cement to a tabletop. A member of the household placed a clay flowerpot on the veneer, and now it has rippled up and debonded from the underlying surface. I suspect that water vapour from the pot base evaporated into the veneer and caused it to ripple. I know that I can't rebond the veneer, but does anyone know how to permanently flatten the ripples? Thanks in advance, Darro
Darro wrote:>I recently glued unfinished wood veneer with contact cement to a

an iron on a med/low temperature, let it dry for a while, then sand the whole thing lightly. If it works, then finish the veneer with something that'll withstand your housemates. Tom Work at your leisure!
Tom wrote:

Iron usually works reasonably well. If not, inject some glue and clamp until dry. How to inject? Hypodermic needle or slit the veneer and work glue under with something thin.