Wood surface patio?

I am considering to build a patio with a roof. I am debating whether to use 16" squared patio stones, or using trated 1.25"x6" deck boards on top of 2"x4" treated studs, flat layed. That will leave 1.5" space under the deck board.
Eventhough I am going to put 4" of gravel underneath, I may still have some drainage issue. Will mold grow under the deck board? If it does, will it grow to the otherside (deck surface)?
It will be a small patio/deck (16'x16'), covered with those pieces of clear plastic roofs, outside the doors of the walkout basement.
Thanks. Y.
N/A wrote:

Where do you live?

Baltimore,MD

concrete patio? IMO, it is a no brainer

Because concrete is unbelievably ugly?
<h> wrote in

Stamped concrete looks like stones, bricks, whatever.
<h> wrote in message

Doesn't have to be. Stamped, colored, all sorts of options. Even plain concrete is still better than a rotted wood deck with rats or skunks living under it.

Mold, moss, crickets, mice, and other vermin will love that space. And you'll be looking at cracked, warped boards in short order.

My personal preference would be a stone patio with a canvas cover that could be quickly taken down when hurricanes threatened.
But at any rate stone [and I'd look at 2" thick pavers] is your best bet. Put it on a well drained, well compacted [that means renting a plate compactor] sub base and you'll get years of nearly maintenance free service.
Jim

Another option is stamped concrete, which can be made to look like slate, stone, brick, etc in a wide array of colors. For something so close to the ground, I'd go with either concrete or pavers.