Wood stain in aerosol can.

I'm looking for wood stains in aerosol cans. I thought Minwax might have them but checking the local DIY stores was not successful.
Anyone know if wood satins come in aerosol cans and who makes them?
Peter.

Minwax used to sell them through ACE hardware. I used a can to refinish a TV stand. I have not looked for the cans in ages. Like you said the box stores do not sell them, at least mine do not.

I've never seen them. Stain is so easy to apply with a rag or brush, or foam pad that there is really no need for the spray.
Why? Actually I think I saw it once in Woodcrafters, but that was a while ago.

Re: Why? I have made four small wine racks (each holds 20 bottles) using white pine. The racks are basically open cages where the bottles run on 1" x 1" rails. I found the design in a local World Market and copied it. The racks will fit into into small boxes I made which are stained/varnished. Now SWIMBO has decreed the racks MUST be stained. I guess just staining the ends could be OK.
Peter.

If you are unable to reach parts with a brush or rag, make your own spray. Dump the stain in an old bottle from window cleaner or similar and try that. You don't need perfect spray patterns like you were doing a paint job.
PVR wrote:

Paint stores and box stores sell an aerosol unit to be filled with your own product = glass bottle with can of air that fits on top. Refills of air can be purchased. They are great for smaller stuff - I tried them first when I painted louvered closet doors. Beautiful! With paint, it recommends dilution of ?1:4. Guy at my paint store said he wasn't allowed to recommend using m.s. to thin, but when I asked if it would work, he said it works great. Penetrol is used for oil paint, I believe. Probably would not need to thin stain.
Get a Preval spray rig for the stain.
On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 17:16:52 -0400, "PVR"

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 17:16:52 -0400, "PVR"

============> Actually Minwax does have some aerosol spray stains.....I purchased a few cans to experiment with a few months ago....
But to be honest I have no clue this morning where I purchased them...but most likely Home Depot or Lowes...
However.... my results were not that great...Took too many coats to get a look I liked, thus took much longer...and it was actually more work then just wiping on a liquid stain...
Bob G..
Many thanks guys. Lots of good ideas here. I don't know what I would do without the groups.
Peter.