Wood splitter

Page 2 of 2

I cut up the smaller branches (down to 1/2") and bundle them for convenient hauling (using re-usable chunks of rope). So I never need to split wood for kindling. I did buy a used hydraulic splitter for the big stuff, figuring it would save me its cost in medical bills.
The bundling process. Drape the rope across the inside of a "storage tote". fill the tote with cut branches. Tie the rope tight by cinching the loose end through a tied loop in the other end and tie it with an easily removable braid type knot. The rope can be snugged up after a couple months of drying, as it will loosen.
Bob F wrote:

I buy my wood cut and split. I always find enough junk and splinters in it when I pile it up to use for kindling. I just hold it out and make a separate pile of splinters and sticks and take that down to the kindling pile.
--
Blattus Slafaly ? 3 :) 7/8