Wood separators in concrete rotting problem

I have a large concrete driveway which is about 20 years old, and the wooden separators (for concrete expansion) in between the slabs is severely rotting.

What are my best options? I don't really want to replace the wood with wood, because it will just rot again eventually and attract even more bugs.

What else can I use to replace the wood? Does it even have to be replaced?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
LenM