Wood rot repair products

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with wood rot repair products on the market.

I would like to repair an exterior 3 by 12 solid post. It needs to support weight so it needs to be a solid repair verses just cosmetic.

Thanks!

Reply to
SMF

A new post is the only product I can think of to do the job. Don't know of any product that would provide the strength for a load-bearing post repair. Des

cosmetic.

Reply to
Des Perado

I don't know if these products will help or meet code...whatever.

but you can look at these links:

This is an interesting article:

Personally, I think replacing all the rotted parts would be cheaper than epoxies; plus you would know you have good wood. Joe

Reply to
Joe