wood rot

Anybody got any advice on how to repair a small amount of wood rot in a railing (non-weight bearing). I can dig out the rotted wood and get to ggod wood. Is there any special epoxy out there?
-mc
I've used these products and like them better than the minwax products:
http://www.pcepoxy.com /

ggod
use auto body fill.you can get the kind that dries when UV lite hits it if its goinr to be used for out doors ,easy to find wors well and cheap.

ggod

ggod
Dig out the really soft stuff. Allow it to dry completely. Treat with Epoxy. This will turn the sponge to pertrified wood. Fill with Bondo. Sand, prime and paint.
The only Epoxy product I have worked wit is West Systems. I am sure thaere are many similar products.
If you can actually cut out all the soft stuff and get to sound wood, you might be able to skip the Epoxy part and just use Bondo.