Wood rack cover

Page 2 of 2

What's the weather going to be like today for you, Ed? You know it will probably be different here.
We get snow here in the winter, but the climate is warmer, so we get more rain. And rain that then changes to ice. So, wood sitting out does tend to get ice covered.
Good wood that is dried will burn, and the snow and ice will fall off of it. It will even split and burn wet, and you can see that the water only penetrates a little.
Still, for me, and where I live, after spending four winters here now, I am electing to build a rack to hold my wood now that I have built a 25' x 12' metal awning on that end of the garage that will keep the wood nice and dry.
Just like the weather is different, the reasons people may want to build a small structure or rack or whatever varies. Some want to for aesthetic reasons, some to just get it out of the mud and into a move convenient location. There is no right answer to this, and everyone has different weather.
Steve