Wood Powered Car ?

I agree nitrogen burns (oxidizes) when it gets hot enough.

Reply to
gfretwell

AHA!! Mind fart on my part. I wasn't seeing where the N was coming from. Of course it is obvious as N is a large part of atmospheric air.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

I have seen a producer gas car run. Smelled it, too. They are astonishingly stinky, just about the most polluting form of transportation you can imagine. They don't run very fast or very far, either. If you have half a day to get from one town to the next, they work.

If you want convenient and economical transportation, check out

or your local dealer.

Reply to
Larry Caldwell

What you saw may have been converted for solid fuel. The original Stanley used an oil fired burner and a steam tube boiler that was just a bunch of copper pipes surrounded by a sheet metal shroud. It could go from the pilot light to ready to roll in about 5 minutes.

Reply to
Larry Caldwell

A lot of motorcycle riders would probably be scared to death riding one of those things. Keeping up with traffic flow is an important safety measure. That said a person might be better off with a scooter from one of the major bike makers like these:

Dean

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

They will when your house burns down due to a wood burning stove problem. At that time they will promptly point out the disclaimer text of your policy that states that they are not liable for damages caused by fire started from wood burning stoves. Read the fine print of your policy, if you heat by stove, and make sure you have the proper endorsement on your policy to cover fires cause by wood burning stoves.

Your premium will go up, but at least you will be covered.

-- ML

My disclaimer: The advice in the above text is my own and not of my employer nor past employers, nor any potential future employers.

Reply to
ML

caused

stoves.

Don't be so sure. What applies with insurance companies in your country doesn't apply in mine.

Wood burning heaters are acceptable to insurance companies here because our country has stingent Standards which must be met at both the production and installation stage for all wood burning stoves. They can't be installed by home owners without inspection and approval by local authorities.

Reply to
Farm1

Same here, but that doesn't stop homeowners (and renters) from doing it. That does void the insurance in many cases.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K