Wood Pellets

I got a Coastal Farm Supply coupon book this weekend. They are running an August only special on wood pellets, $214.50 a ton for Bear Mountain or $219.50 a ton for Golden Fire. Wow. Just a year ago, pellets were $149 a ton. Then a shortage developed last winter. The price went up, and I guess it didn't come back down.
Now is the time to stock up.
--
For email, replace firstnamelastinitial
with my first name and last initial.
I got a Coastal Farm Supply coupon book this weekend. They are running an August only special on wood pellets, $214.50 a ton for Bear Mountain or $219.50 a ton for Golden Fire. Wow. Just a year ago, pellets were $149 a ton. Then a shortage developed last winter. The price went up, and I guess it didn't come back down.
Now is the time to stock up.
--
For email, replace firstnamelastinitial
with my first name and last initial.
Larry Caldwell wrote:

Seems like maybe LAST YEAR was the time to stock up...

Now is the time to stock up on everything. The whole world is going mad......well, at least it seems that way, sometimes.
Curly
On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 00:40:30 -0700, Larry Caldwell

At that price it looks like it more expensive than most alternatives:
http://www.pelletheat.org/3/residential/compareFuel.cfm
(Caesar Romano) says...

Pellets are only slightly cheaper than natural gas, but half the price of fuel oil or propane. Fuel oil is currently $4.26 a gallon locally, and will he higher this winter. Coal is the cheapest, but also the dirtiest.
--
For email, replace firstnamelastinitial
with my first name and last initial.

The mills ain't cranking out lumber for housing starts, Canada ain't trucking logs from New England, Loggers are getting a little hungry, less wood waste to make pellets from means you have to make them from logs. Might affect the price a bit. I even hear diesel is high
Larry Caldwell wrote:

Read a news article over the weekend about a sewage plant that is turning sludge into fuel pellets. A power plant is buying all they can produce right now.
--
It takes 15 million barrels of oil per year to make
all of the plastic water bottles in America. 8 out

I wonder how it would work out if I connected the toilet to the wood burning stove.
Kidding aside, dung is a very important fuel source in some parts of the world. In India, you are well off if you own a few cows and one reason is the fuel they produce.
wrote in message

Now THAT's a Red Green plan for sure. Are we related ya think?

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Methane digesters are used by some farms to convert the manure to methane which heats water, powers electric cogeneration facilities and the like.
I'm thinking that Barbara Ehrenreich's tongue-in-cheek proposal to use liposuction to harvest body fat as an alternative energy source might work.
--
Self-interest, caused by low selfish desire, is the root
cause of contemporary world chaos and individual misery.

It would probably work pretty shitty.
Randy

Damn glad I have 3 yrs worth of (free) fire wood in the barn!