wood over concrete

We have back porch built on a 4? concrete slab. I would like to enclose it and make it a storage room. It has a 7? step down from the house floor. I was thinking of just covering it with plastic 6mil, putting 2x8 (and shims) across. Put some fiberglass (Upstate NY) insulation and nail sub-floor, done. Then I got wondering if I should vent it to my basement. What would be the recommended way of raising this floor and avoiding rot?

Thanks TP

Reply to
TP

Yes the purpose is to equal height the floors. Also to fill the span of 12 feet. Footers are to code. Water is not a problem. I like the idea of rigid insulation. Expensive alternative to pink. So just seal it up tight...

Reply to
TP

Has anyone used this airkrete stuff?

I remember seeing DIY gallons you get pour together and make this foam. maybe that would seal up this floor space. Any opinions?

Reply to
TP

I just watched a program in Canada called Holmes on Homes and he repairs messes contractors have made. The one I just watched was a kitchen hardwood floor that was on it's 3rd incarnation. The problem? Plastic on concrete below the wood floor. The plastic and the cold below caused sweat to build up under the wood floor and ruined it. Just a heads up.

Reply to
FREECYCLEMOM