wood floors

Page 1 of 2
We had a party for our daughter yesterday. The high heels of one her friends did serious damage to our 3-week-old engineered wood floors. Is this normal? Seems like high heels should be taken into account. Some areas look like they took a BB gun to it.

That's because there's an incredible amount of force generated by the tiny contact area - on the order of thousands of pounds per square inch, and your daughter's friends heels were worn down so that the metal support rod was exposed. The manufacturer of that engineered floor does take high heeled shoes into account - read the manual/ installation instructions and you will see the disclaimer.
Too bad about the floor. You'll notice those marks less over time as the floor exhibits its inevitable wear over time. It's like the first ding in a new car door - it really hurts.
On Friday, June 24, 2011 4:41:36 PM UTC+3, RicodJour wrote:

Hi we are a company that operates in Saudi Arabia too bad we are in different district other wise we could help you by propos ing a solution from Chemical company called Chimiver. it will revive the parquet & reduce the effect that the scratches leave on your wooden flooring. visit our website where the kink is there & maybe you can find the product at your country. www.alkayandecor.com
Answering a 2-year old post. That is, spam.
On Sun, 9 Jun 2013 00:12:19 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@alkayandecor.com wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@alkayandecor.com wrote:

Similar happened to my wood parquet floor. It appeared that the woman had lost the rubber soles on her high heels leaving only the heads of the nails exposed. This happened about 10 years ago and the dents are still there.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

I keep a bathroom scale by the door. If they weigh over 120 and wearing heels, they don't get in.

Professionals 'steam' dents out. They did that to our grand piano top and got pretty close to flat again. [I couldn't watch, so can't share their technique.]
Kurt Ullman wrote:

Warranty claim...

Nope. I installed some of that flooring. The instructions clearly say keep off it with spike heels.

So far Armstrong is suggesting that is normal wear and tear.
On 6/24/2011 11:14 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

Spike heels are (were) well known to damage floors. They've been out of style for so long that everyone has forgotten....the heels are so small that all the weight is concentrated in a small area...pretty much like pounding in a spike.

I'd almost bet there's a disclaimer in the literature somewhere that explicitly covers it...uncle was Armstrong distributor/dealer/installer for years; it was a specific area of emphasis.

An elephant or a clydesdale will exert less stress on a floor than a 100 lb girl wearing stiletto heels.
JoeG

That's probably true since they have big feet. My cousin has a horse that occasionally sneaks in the house but I don't recall any floor damage.
"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
We had a party for our daughter yesterday. The high heels of one her friends did serious damage to our 3-week-old engineered wood floors. Is this normal? Seems like high heels should be taken into account. Some areas look like they took a BB gun to it. ======== Spike heel caps need to be constantly monitored for wear, they never last long. Otherwise the nail head is going to cause damage. Sorry to hear.
aemeijers wrote:

Andy Capp opined that men like to look at women's legs and high heels give them a longer look.
It's said that Marilyn Monroe cut 1/4" off one heel of her shoes so she could get a more natural "wiggle."

It also changes the woman's posture. The pubic region pushes out a bit too. Maybe it stimulates them a bit?
On 6/26/2011 9:11 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Nah, I think it is just the constant brainwashing most of them get as kids, from older females and the mass media. 'Dressing up' = heels. Feeling sexy when playing dressup is also learned behavior. Western equivalent of the foot binding the Chinese used to practice. IIRC, it started in Old Europe, for both sexes, to make the wearers look taller and more important.
The historical reasons don't really matter at this point. They are dumb, and lead to all sorts of medical problems, including increased risk of immediate injury if circumstances call for moving fast. Women should tell the old-school men and fashion designers to eff off, and refuse to wear them. Here is a clue, ladies- if they make your feet hurt, they are BAD for you.
--
aem sends...

If the shoes fit properly they shouldn't be painful.

They make the leg and butt muscles more defined.
Women dress for women, not men. If they dressed for men, they wouldn't. ;-)
On 6/26/2011 5:41 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

I don't think is it possible for high heels to not be painful, for more than a few minutes at a time. It is a totally un-natural position for the squeezed toes, arch, and ankle to be in. Women may build up a tolerance (much like ballet dancers do), but extended wearing can't help but do damage to the feet. Look under the desks in any office building- almost all the women keep a second set of shoes to actually wear during the day, or don't wear heels (even medium-height ones) at all. And 'these heels are killing me' is a standard refrain at parties, right before they find a couch to sit on and kick the silly things off as they tuck their legs up under them.
Hey, I'm not a foot fetishist or anything- I have 5 sisters, and I've heard it all. They all went through their fashionista phase, but thankfully outgrew it.
--
aem sends...