wood flooring instllation

I purchased 3/4 oak flooring to lay in my living room. The entire living room has been durarocked. The instruction say to nail the flooring down, however I can't nail to durarock. Can I glue the flooring down? It is plank flooring in random lengths. If I can glue it, what kind of glue should I use? HELP!!
maryr99999, 7/5/2006,8:14:27 PM, wrote:

Aren't you supposed to have plywood underneath the wood flooring?
The house went underwater during Katrina and the existin floor was in bad shape. The durarock went down to strengthen the floor. But now it looks like the contractor should have used plywood. I don't know. I was just hoping there was a way to keep from having to take up the durarock and replace it with plywood.

I suspect you could glue it down but I'd recommend a call to the manufacturer of the oak flooring. Oops, actually I just noticed you have 3/4". It's not recommended to glue down anything thicker than 1/2". Sorry, not much help here. Cheers, cc