wood flooring

I have a few very black spots in my wood floor from plants sitting on the floor and water weeping thru. I want to sand my floors but how do I get rid of these black spots.
I'm assuming you have light oak or maple In hardwood you don't. That black goes deep. Live with it or replace the pieces. Or......... I would sand the area and try to lighten up the spots and blend them in with a stain that would match the natural wood color and then put the clear finish back over the area when dry. Or........ Darken the entire floor color and then re-clear.

Sounds typical of iron tainted water reacting with tannins in the wood. Oxalic acid reverses the reaction. Look in paint store for wood bleach and check the label. Don't inhale dust when sanding after use.