Wood Floor Protection

Hi all...

I have just completed sanding down the wood floor in my kitchen and was wondering what type of product I should use to protect it with. Because we don't get too much natural light in the kitchen, I would prefer to keep the floors as close to the natural wood colour as possible.

Any help is much appreciated!!!

Thanks.

Reply to
r.w.
4 or 5 coats of oil-based polyurethane. Sand lightly between coats. Oil-base is much more water resistant than water-borne.

Reply to
donald girod

Polyeurothane is best for you. Also you can wax the floor after that for a nice shine.

candice

Reply to
CLSSM00X7

Actually, it's the other way around: waterbased is water resistant, not oil.

article , snipped-for-privacy@localnet.com says...

Reply to
Lawrence Rottersman

I forgot to add that over time, oil based poly turns amber, which many people happen to like. However, if your preference is otherwide, again, go with the waterbased.

Reply to
Lawrence Rottersman