Wood Floor Install Old Home

We have a Bungalow built in the 30’s with excellent character (a.k.a. uneven floors). Next spring we intend to put in new flooring in the dining room. I installed laminate in the kitchen and it looks great but we will do either real or veneered hardwood here. Does anyone have any experience with laying hardwood on somewhat undulating (not bad but noticeable) sub-floor? Can glue down install be used? If it has to be nailed down, I’ll look into renting a hammer. Professional install is out of the budget.
Thanks in advance.
Daryl
<< Does anyone have any experience with laying hardwood on somewhat undulating (not bad but noticeable) sub-floor? >> Is the undulation (lack of level) from a plywood subfloor laid over crooked joists? Or T & G over crooked joists? Or is there a structural probelem that needs to be addressed? Before putting down a good floor correct the fundamental problems first. Like they say in the brokerages, putting nice flooring over a problem like this is putting lipstick on the pig.
HTH
Joe
Joe,
Is there an easy fix for this? I don't think that you want to nail through leveling compound so how do you remove these undulations?
Dave M.
First question is to determine why it undulates.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Daryl, which laminate are you using? I'm doing a poll on laminate flooring brands, I would love to get your input... it is at http://laminateflooring.oncloud8.com/viewtopic.php?t=3 .
Cheers, Tim
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (daryl1138) wrote in message

Get a few floor sanding pros out , Allot can be sanded out. repairing the old may be cheaper. Post a photo.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I'm not Daryl but I put Wilsonart Estate Plus in my kitchen a year and a half ago. It doesn't try to look like wood or tile; it's solid so no hollow feel when walked on and cleans up easily. I'm going to put it down in a family room at a beach house next. Good stuff.
Whoops, :) If you visited the survey you might have noticed it was broken... for some reason it was set to only take votes from registered voters... I've fixed it now, can you vote? (I can only do it once from my PC). It should take 15 seconds.