wood decking on concrete porch question

Hi all, I recently tore up a bunch of bushes which surrounded my concrete deck in the front entrance of my house. The concrete is chipped and ugly looking so i thought that maybe I would strap some weather treated wood to it to make it look like a wood deck. Has anybody done this bfore if so what was the procedure used? I thought that a railing might be a nice added touch as well.
Also, are there anyother products ideas that could make my deck look better
kudos Steev

Never heard of a patio/slab referred to as a deck. However, putting a wood deck directly over concrete is possible but tile would be better. It would be difficult to clean the debris from the concrete that falls between the decking. You can install railings on tile just as easily as on wood.