Wood deck - Cedar Vs PT

An ice storm and a 50' tree finished off our deck.
When we rebuild I am wondering about the longevity of cedar Vs pressure treated wood. Michigan four season weather. Any idea what the current premium is on the cedar? Thanks!
snipped-for-privacy@alt.home.repair wrote:

Hello, from Calgary. forget the wood, go for Duradeck or similar product. Today it is calm with freezing rain.
From just south of you Cedar lasted us 15+ the PT is now 20+ and no sign of rot. PT now I believe has 50 rot warrantys

The old deck was Cedar. When we get the insurance payment I was thinking of going PT because it is cheaper and we could build a bigger deck for the same price. Composite decking is out of our price range.

Only advantage of PT is cost. Cedar would look much better, IMO, but bigger is better too. Depends on your priorities.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Also concern for chemical bleeding out. Specially if little kids are around. All my decks are cedar under cover(roof)
snipped-for-privacy@alt.home.repair wrote:

PT is ugly and unwalkable.
Cedar or fir are nice, damn the price.
I haave 17 year old vg fir steps, unfinished, still solid. Not a plan tho. Stained fir is my preference. Never PT. Only for the structure