Wood chisel tip protector

Page 2 of 2

If mythbusters can make a wallet out of Duct tape, it should follow that one can use similar techniques to fabricate a tip guard without exposed adhesive.
In the case of my Marples chisels, the tape is folded over, adhesive to adhesive in such a way as to form a custom fitted pocket for the edge and covers about one inch of chisel.
On Wednesday, March 9, 2016 at 9:54:18 AM UTC-5, Scott Lurndal wrote:

Check out the Duct Tape episode in this, their final season.
They made a Trebuchet using only wood and Duct Tape. Of course, they then destroyed something with it by flinging a burning projectile at a - well, I won't spoil the fun.

On Tue, 8 Mar 2016 11:20:37 -0800 (PST), Andy

I'd go with cloth or cardboard. Cut/fold. Rubber band to secure.
On Tue, 8 Mar 2016 11:20:37 -0800 (PST), Andy

Tennis Balls.
Same way elderly persons use them on canes and walkers.....