Wood Ceiling Support

I have 2x10 ceiling joists 16" apart supporting a vaulted ceiling in my family room. I'd like to put tongue and groove planking on the ceiling. Most of this weighs 2-3 pounds a square foot. Any guess as to whether I'd need to provide additional support or should the existing structure be sufficient?
Thanks for any responses...
Michael Stevens wrote:

are they really ceiling joist, or in your case with the catheral ceilings are they roof rafters???? how long are the ceiling joist if they are infact ceiling joist?? might be a good idea to check with a building engineer as he can look up in his books and come up with a figure in a few minutes after looking at your house plans to advise you if it will hold or not and then if not he can tell you what you need to do... hope this helps.