wood burning fireplace inserts

Looking for comments good and bad re: wood burning fireplace inserts. Such as door glass staying clean, oder when not in use heat output and such. like.
Thanks Ray M
I have a Napoleon 1401 insert
http://www.napoleonfireplaces.com/Webshare/wood/wood%20inserts/1401.html
Glass stays clean, no odour when not in use as I have a chimney liner to top. greta heat output, burning hardwoods I can heat 1200 sq ft bungalow to 72 deg F. when outsie temps are -20F..!
On 20 Jan 2004 00:17:19 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (RM2695) wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca wrote in message (RM2695) wrote:

Hi
I have a pacific Energy wood burning insert. i got it about 15 months ago. It works great, keeps the house very warm. It comes with a blower so the heat moves away from the insert. I am going to install a ceiling fan in the living room also to help move the heat better. As for the glass door, when I first bought the insert I tried to keep it spotless with cleaners, whick is a pain. I found out a good hot fire will clean the glass too.
Good Luck Michael

such.
Suggest you ask this question of alt.energy.homepower - they have some real wood stove and insert experts that tune in there. I got lots of good advice from that newsgroup before I put in our freestanding woodstove.