wood burning fireplace inserts

Looking for comments good and bad re: wood burning fireplace inserts. Such as door glass staying clean, oder when not in use heat output and such. like.

Thanks Ray M

Reply to
RM2695

I have a Napoleon 1401 insert

Glass stays clean, no odour when not in use as I have a chimney liner to top. greta heat output, burning hardwoods I can heat 1200 sq ft bungalow to 72 deg F. when outsie temps are -20F..!

Reply to
neil.stewart

Suggest you ask this question of alt.energy.homepower - they have some real wood stove and insert experts that tune in there. I got lots of good advice from that newsgroup before I put in our freestanding woodstove.

Reply to
Roger

Hi

I have a pacific Energy wood burning insert. i got it about 15 months ago. It works great, keeps the house very warm. It comes with a blower so the heat moves away from the insert. I am going to install a ceiling fan in the living room also to help move the heat better. As for the glass door, when I first bought the insert I tried to keep it spotless with cleaners, whick is a pain. I found out a good hot fire will clean the glass too.

Good Luck Michael

Reply to
Mike