Woke up this morning with mold on the floor

in the laundry room. Mold spots all over the place on the tile floor.

I could see through some of the missing grout sections that there was water in the voids. So I pulled back the carpet in the family room just outside the laundry room and there was water all around the outside border of the laundry room for about 2 or 3 feet. I started pulling up tiles in the laundry room and the closer I got to the toilet the dryer the floor was??? The waste line is under ground a good 12" or so below the surface.

The toilet bowl that morning was very low - almost empty. At first I thought the wax ring had failed but that would only show during a flush - I think. I looked all over for a crack in the toilet and can't find anything. The floor seemed fine yesterday and then today this. I can't figure out if it's the toilet waste line, water coming from the ground or what. The water supply lines come from the ceiling and down the wall. The walls are completely dry and the floor area where they come through the wall is dry to. The washing machine was not used all day as well and where the hoses connect (and the hoses themselves) are dry as a bone.

Toilet or ground water is all I can think of. Why now though - after

10 years (since I have lived here) with no problems and further drains added outside for rain water.

Anyone have any insight into this or how I can verify the source? TIA.

Reply to
poison_1024

Drop some food coloring in toilet tank to verify or rule it out as a source for the leak. My first guesses would be the pump in the bottom of the washer or the tank to bowl seal on the toilet.

Any chance the washer froze?

aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

Leaking water heater.

Insidious bastards, water heaters. I looked everywhere else before I found it.

Reply to
HeyBub

It could be worse !!!!!!!!!

Years ago, I got really drunk and went home with this fat nasty woman. Somehow I managed to poke her during the night. The next day I had mold all over my c*ck. I had to have it surgically scraped off. Very painful. It took months to heal.

Reply to
jesuschrist

As the first suggestion try dye then look at washing machine unhook water from it and wait 24 hrs see what happens good luck

Reply to
jim

Are you really Jesus Christ? I am feeling rather naked in front of such a great man !!!!

Reply to
Joe Smut