Wok fumes

Page 2 of 2

I cannot access the vent it's on his property. I would cost exactly $5.00 for a piece of pipe to bend upward through the roof of the soffit rather than downward into the soffit.
On 5 Oct, 10:56, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

What does that have to with anything? Nothing in your post or mine said anything about accessing his vent.
-- I would cost exactly -- $5.00 for a piece of pipe to bend upward through the roof of the -- soffit rather than downward into the soffit.
Oh sorry, I didn't realize that sealants, clamps, caps and the other parts required to install a roof vent were free in NYC. My bad.
BTW - what about an answer to the 5 inspection question? I'm just curious as to what they were looking for the first 4 time they were there. Inquiring minds want to know.

NYC? The inspectors were probably looking for a bribe.

DING DING DING!!! Ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner! LOL
--
Regards,

"Aw hell....this is the 5th visit...I guess we actually have to inspect something".
They didnt see anything, even though it was there all along. For some reason the DOB has refused enforcement on this issue, even though the mechanical code directly addresses this type of vent and as mentioned previously in this thread that venting cooking exhaust into a shared soffit is illegal.
On 5 Oct, 14:16, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

-- They didnt see anything, even though it was there all along.
That's 'cuz justice is blind.
-- For some reason the DOB has refused enforcement on this issue
If I were you (and I'm glad I'm not) I'd find out what that reason is. Take it all the way to City Hall.
Here's the address: 2 Lafayette St The following trains will get you there: J, M, Z at Chambers St; N, R at City Hall; 4, 5, 6 at Brooklyn Bridge-City Hall They're open Mon-Fri 9am-4p
Tell 'em I sent you.
Don't you know the crime rate is going up, up, up, up, up, To live in this town you must be tough, tough, tough, tough, tough! You got rats on the west side Bed bugs uptown What a mess this town's in tatters I've been shattered My brain's been battered - splattered - all over Manhattan
How do you justify venting your cooking axhaust into someone elses house. Maybe you would like to testify on his behalf at the trial.
On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 13:07:43 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

What trail?
You've been at this since April 2006. You could have shot the guy and been out of jail by now.
-- Oren
"I didnt say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you."
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

vent on an outside wall and the fumes get into attic space through the soffit, or is vent connected but pipe or duct up to soffit? Is there a firewall across the attic space between your place and his? I don't understand your earlier statement about blocking ducts; that doesn't sound like a solution to anything.

-- I still don't understand how his vent goes to the soffit.
Sir, there is so, so much about this thread that is tough to understand. I've given up trying to understand anything the OP says and decided to just have some fun.
Start spreading the news I'm leaving today I want to be a part of it, New York, New York These vagabond shoes Are longing to stray And make a brand new start of it New York, New York

WOK-U- say?
Should be a very, very short stay in NYC.
-- Oren
"If your not getting it from the horses mouth, You're listening to the wrong end."

I'm finding this whole thing hard to believe at this point. Try elsewhere.
I suspect that you'll have a hard time getting the other guy to repair the problem. He talks the talk, but won't wok the wok.
--

Christopher A. Young
.

< snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
in message

{DRUM CRASH!}
"Is this an audience or an oil painting?" -Henny Youngman

If he's a big a dick as you say and the soffit is shared, ie. you have access to his vent (albeit at a distance). Get a long drill bit and a can of Great Stuff and fill his vent with polyurethane foam. The next time he fires up his WOK he'll be able to appreciate your concerns.

Sure did. From AOL to Yahoo.
-- Oren

Identical twins maybe...
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:
Look bub, you asked the identical question on April 21, 2006.
Why waste folks' time here?
<PLONK>.