Wndow A/C Cycles Too Often

The outside temp is 54, A/C in shade. Nice spring day, no excessive moisture. Trying to cool down my house, the A/C cycles roughly every

5 minutes. Actually I seem to remember that this is normal with such a low outside temp. Am I right, or if not, what could be wrong. Thanks. Frank
Reply to
frank1492

Its probably froze up, you should not run it at cold temps, Why even think of running it, get fresh air.

Reply to
ransley

Most are designed not to run below about 60 outside so they don't freeze up. Why not just open some windows and get real air?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Just turn the fan on w/o the compressor. Some even have thermostatic control active in that mode as well...

--

Reply to
dpb

Thank you for your thoughts. The room simply doesn't have windows that are easy to open, and I was looking for a quick cool-down. Also, I've done this other years and don't remember having a problem, but maybe the outside temp was higher before. Frank

Reply to
frank1492