Wish me luck

Page 2 of 2
Ahh if you have a basement how about installing a toilet down there and perhaps a cheap shower or rig up a plastic curtain right over the floor drain.
Homes with just ONE toilet are harder to sell
DIY can be fun, plastic pipe is easy to work with and exytra toilet is very useful!!
save money on batrhroom rehab too. less working around things for contractor
Ahh if you have a basement how about installing a toilet down there and perhaps a cheap shower or rig up a plastic curtain right over the floor drain.
Homes with just ONE toilet are harder to sell
DIY can be fun, plastic pipe is easy to work with and exytra toilet is very useful!!
save money on batrhroom rehab too. less working around things for contractor
Bob,
Thresholds are easy to remove and raise. What I ended up doing was cutting ceramic tile in the shape slightly smaller than the base and attaching it with silicone caulk to the base of the toilet. Not the best but it works. Only downside is it is hard to get an attractive bead of caulk.
Take a look at this site. They have a great forum for tiling.
www.johnbridge.com
Bob,
Thresholds are easy to remove and raise.
For the toilet flange, what I ended up doing was cutting ceramic tile in the shape slightly smaller than the base of the toilet and attaching it with silicone caulk to the base of the toilet. Not the best but it works. Only downside is it is hard to get an attractive bead of caulk.
Take a look at this site. They have a great forum for tiling.
www.johnbridge.com
I did a similar remodel many years ago in a house with one bathroom. It took about two weeks and I had to reset the toilet everytime someone wanted to use it. You get quite proficient after awhile.
Tom

Put in another bathroom in a nearby closet first...