Wirsbo PEX expansion tool question

I recently bought a Wirsbo PEX expansion tool and I noticed something that seemed a little odd. If any head is fully seated (i.e., turned just hand tight) the handles of the tool will not close completely. This in turn means that the tool cannot fit in the box. The tool was shipped with the 1" head in place but several turns from fully seated, allowing the tool to fit in the box. Is this normal? If used with a head fully seated it looks like you could accidentally apply a lot of force to damage something in the head as the handles approach full closure...

Dan Lanciani ddl@danlan.*com

Reply to
Dan Lanciani

Yes