Wiring Two of Three fluorescent Lights?

Page 3 of 3
On Jul 24, 11:04 am, snipped-for-privacy@nortelnetworks.com (Chris Lewis) wrote:

Well shit.
Edward wrote:

http://www.alumiconn.com / I think these were developed particularly to solve aluminum problems, but copper-copper should work very well.
IMHO wire nuts are not that hard to use if used for wire combinations for which they have been listed.

I agree with the comments of Chris.
-- bud--
Stranded to stranded seems the easiest with a wire nut. Twist tightly with lineman's pliers, trim to length, add the wire nut. I have colleagues who add electrical tape on the theory it can prevent vibration from loosening the connection in the future. I don't do it, looks sloppy to me.
Solid to solid is okay with a wire nut but very easy to mess up. Larger sizes don't seem to twist. I make sure the wires are exactly straight and exactly in contact for the whole stripped part. Most of the failures I've seen were from incompletely twisting solid conductors, and yes in one case it caused a fire.
Solid to stranded I have no faith in at all. Better to use a screw connection I think.
If you type chocolate block connector into Google and hit Image there are some good photos.