Wiring to code??

Hi
I just bought a new house in Massachusetts, and had some electrical work done over the weekend. But I'ma bit concerned about something I saw, and wondered if it was really to code or not. And what, if anything, I shoudl do about it.
When I saw him put the sheetrock on over the wires, I noticed the wires looked odd. I could see the newsprint on them, and they were all lumpy, not smooth like regular wires. The print was at all funy angles. Also I noticed they werent drooping like normal, but seemed rigid. I've never seen wires like this before, is there anything I should be concerned about? Or is this ok?
NT
If you were to post from an address outside of England, I think people here might take it more seriously.......
Party on, my Limey Activist Friend
What's worse than having newsprint on your wiring and you can't read it?

On Fri, 20 May 2005 17:38:01 -0400, RBM wrote:

Top posting !!
Dave

Off with his head!
j/k
later,
tom @ www.WorkAtHomePlans.com

Check out the mining disaster.
--
*Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of cheques *