Wiring through brick wall

I want to mount lights on the brick wall either side of the garage door. I will run the individual conductors (THWN) in WireMold metallic raceway on the inside sheetrock wall to a box back-to-back with the light fittings. Do I need to transition then to sheathed cable to pass through the sheetrock and the brick, or can I continue with the THWN -- or do I need to use conduit?
Perce

I don't know what you need to do by code, but I personally would use conduit through the wall to the back of the box (presumably surface mount) and then run surface mount conduit up into the ceiling (if there is one) then transition to whatever (romex?)
this way you have a box in the ceiling but on the wall you just have a pull elbow, much less unattractive
are you sure you need to surface mount inside? i'd be tempted to cut out a stud's width of drywall and conceal the wiring just to make it more attractive. you'd only need two 90s in your pipe so the only thing you'd see after you were done would be a cover plate in the ceiling, assuming you ever finish the ceiling
nate

You can't run individual conductors without a covering. Why not snake a cable inside the sheetrock and straight through the brick to a box on the outside
On Fri, 02 Oct 2009 16:24:27 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"

Use a core drill (4") and cut out the brick where you want to mount the light and mortar an octagonal steel box in to the brick with the nonn metalic sheithed (NMD or NMW) wire connected to the box in the normal prescribed way.