Wiring question

Can I hook up a regular 120v to a doorbell button?
I have these nasty kids that ring my doorbell, then run off.
I'd like to somehow hook it up, so when they press the button, they get shocked.
Who would I call to do this? About how much?

Call your local police and turn yourself in. You'll get about five years.
Porter Q. wrote:

in but you get caught.
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Hook the button up to a camera, so you can get a picture of them, and give it to their parents. -- aem sends...
aemeijers wrote:

i hook ours up to an air horn at halloween time. An inexpensive solenoid valve on a properly aimed garden hose would work also.

I do a Klaxon horn. I have a circuit rigged so it will only work once every few minutes.
Jimmie

This has been trolled here in the past. Try a new one.
On 3/22/2009 5:40 PM Porter Q. spake thus:

Try a good criminal defense attorney, in advance.
Or even better in your case, a bad lawyer.
mostly pears.

Disconnect the doorbell and ignore the kids.

Our neighborhood kids were waiting until 11 PM to ring doorbells, just after I would fall asleep. I installed motion floodlights, and they went elsewhere.

2 brothers did this many years ago, the smallest one perhaps 4 years old.
one day i stumbled onto a old rubber halloween mask.
I waited while the older one pushed his brother to knock.
I ran out and scared the living crap out of him, chased him the 2 doors to his home where his dad came out and asked whats up.
the father asked you been knick knocking?> yeah said the kid. go in the house now. dad apologized.
many years later they were moving the kids asked if i remembered that day?
yeah so do we:( dad gave us a terrible spanking.
the youngest was about to get married, they turned out very nice
Do you remember the Dennis the Menace movie, where Dennis is doing "door bell ditch" on his babysitter. Mr. Wilson from next door comes to ask a question. He pierces his finger on the tack, taped to the door bell. They get him out the window with.......
..... and he's standing on the door step......
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Do it yourself with an electric fence charger. Non lethal, cheap and effective.
Joe
Porter Q. wrote:

their asses.
--