wiring problem- lights dont turn on?

We have remodeled our home recently, we have a room where the lights are not coming on. It is all new wiring. I tested the sockets to see if there is a live current when light switch is on and no current when off and that seems to be okay. I thought maybe the bubs were bad but no the problem either.Do you think some wires are wrong on one of the canned lights somewhere or what can be causing the lights to not go on?
Thanks in advance?
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Hi, If some one did the work, s/he should fix it. If you did it, I am afraid you better get a qualified help before you kill your self or burning down your house. Hope you have a good house insurance?
Remember that for a current to flow you need Active and ground. Check the current from active to neutral at the light fitting NOT just the Active.

I agree with Telstra.
The problem is almost certainly a loose connection at the neutral.
On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 22:34:27 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

You really should have the person that wired it come back and fix it.
If changing the bulbs in more than one fixture does not solve the problem suggests it is very likely a problem with the wiring itself.
You don't say if the lights have ever been on.