Wiring low-voltage undercabinet lights

How kitchen low-voltage undercabinet lights are wired? Transformer plugs into receptacle. Where is this receptacle positioned and what type should it be so that it, transformer and cord are not visible? I checked several online stored that sell low-voltage undercabinet lights but couldn't find info how to wire them. Any online sources with drawings would be useful.
No, no other circuit can be shared with Small appliances circuits. Besides, low-voltage electronic transformer will be controlled by dimmer specifically designed for that transformer. So the receptacle the transformer plugs in is dimmer controlled. I read instructions on several web sites and no one mentions where to place the receptacle the transformer plugs into, no where to place the transformer cord.
Sasha wrote:

Instructions come in the packages.
The outlet used is usually just one of the outlets over the counter.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia\'s Muire duit
I think the easiest thing for you to do is buy self-contained under cabinet fixtures. They are made in fluorescent, xenon, and halogen and come in lengths from around six inches to around 36 inches. To wire these fixtures you run your romex cable from the dimmer or switch directly into the back edge of the fixture and screw the fixture up to the bottom of the cabinet. The transformer is an integral part of the fixture. They are clean and neat and easy to install and service.

Sasha wrote:

You can plug the transformer into the same convenience outlet above the counter that you would plug in a mixer. No problem. Assuming the under-counter lights are designed for it, they will have their own switch and maybe dimmer.
Other's are not designed the same way and you need to check the specific instructions packaged with them for what may be required.
You are not likely to find many of the second type at your local home store.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia\'s Muire duit
When our kitchen was redone, they installed a switched outlet at the back of the small cabinet above the microwave (over the range). Then they located the transformer in that cabinet, which is such a difficult location that we wouldn't use it much anyway, and ran the low voltage lines down and through the bottom of the cabinet to the under-counter lights.